Zoom Settings For Voice Lessons
Online singing lessons work wonderfully over Zoom, but there are a few things we can do to ensure that everything is setup for an optimal experience.
Make sure you are in a strong wifi zone or even better, connected to the internet through an ethernet connection. It's important to note that an ipad or iphone is not ideal for Zoom lessons. A laptop or desktop computer is always suggested. Here are a few things to consider when using Zoom for voice lessons:
STEP 1 Check for Updates
Make sure your version of Zoom is up to date!
1. Click on your profile pic on the top right
2. Select check for updates
STEP 2 Adjust Audio Settings
In your Zoom desktop app select the cog in the upper right to open your audio settings.
STEP 3 Settings
In your settings:
1. Click on audio in the menu on the left
2. Uncheck automatically adjust microphone volume
3. Slide the input volume to about 75%
4. Set Suppress background noise to low
5. Under Music and Professional Audio
select the Show in-meeting option to enable "Original Sound" box
select the High-fidelity music mode
select the Echo cancellation box